It isn’t Christmas without a Chocolate Yule Log. Follow my recipe for the most Decadent and Rich Yule Log you have eaten. The whole recipe takes minutes to make and once chilled is ready to eat.
- Large 300g Chocolate Swiss Roll
- 230g unsalted butter
- 420g Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar plus some for decoration
- 45g Cocoa powder (do not use drinking chocolate as this contains sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons of cream
- Place large Swiss roll onto the plate
- Cut a section one end of the Swiss roll at an angle.
- Place the cut end next to the side fo the main Swiss roll like a branch
- Make up the chocolate coating
- Spoon the chocolate coating onto the Swiss roll.
- Spread out with a pallet knife/spatula.
- Using a fork, gently make strips within the chocolate coating to look like tree bark.
- Top with sieved icing sugar/powdered sugar.
- Chill in the fridge
To make the chocolate coating
- Cut the softened butter into small chunks.
- Mix the cocoa powder and icing/powdered sugar together.
- Sieve 2 tablespoons of cocoa/sugar mix into the butter.
- Mix with a fork, crushing the cocoa/sugar mix into the butter.
- Repeat until all of the cocoa/sugar mix is gone.
- Add the cream and mix.
- The chocolate coating is ready to use.