With Winter around the corner and hopefully snow too. Here are some snowman biscuits to make and devour. These biscuits or cookies (depending where you are from) are simple to make and only take about 30 minutes.
Time required 30 mins
400g Plain Flour
140g Soft Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
Orange Fondant Icing
How to make
1. Pre-heat oven 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4
2. Mix sugar and butter together in a bowl using a wooden spoon. I use a silicon covered one which is very easy to clean.
3. Add the egg and the vanilla essence
4. Sift the flour into the mixture and continute to mix until it forms a dough. You may want to get your hands in at this point to make sure it all comes together.
5. Roll out onto a flour dusted surface. Roll until the dough is about 5mm thick. Using a snowman cutter, cut as many snowman as you can.
6. Place on a greased baking tray.
7. Reform the remaining dough into a ball, reroll and then cut out more snowmen.
8. Continue until you have run out of dough. I made 24 snowmen.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
10. Leave to cool on the tray before putting onto cooling racks.
How to Decorate
1. Make some cones out of the orange fondant icing.
2. Mix some icing sugar with a small amount of water. Try not to add too much water or the icing will just run off your biscuits.
I made mine a bit too runny and it looks like some of my snowmen are melting.
3. Put the icing onto the biscuit and add the carrot nose. Add two chocolate chips for eyes and three for buttons.
4. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.