Pine cone decorations
A quick and easy Christmas decoration. Very child friendly. I made these with Sprout and Pea (aged 4 and 2 yrs).
Things you will need
- Pine cones. Either buy these or pick these up when you are out and about. If they are still closed up then place on a radiator for few hours to dry out and they will open up nicely.
- String or wool. I have used some glittery red wool.
- PVA glue
- White paint
- Paint brushes
Note the PVA/Paint mix is washable.
- Mix PVA glue and White paint 50/50 in an appropriate vessel. I used a clear jam jar. Any extra can then be saved for another time.
- Tie a small length of the wool or string onto each pine cone.
- Paint the ends of the pine cone with the PVA/paint mix.
- Hold over tray.
- Sprinkle glitter over the wet PVA/paint.
- Hang to dry.
- Once dry, hang on your Christmas tree.